Thursday, June 25, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 33

Author:
Beverly Lewis
Title: The Sacrifice 

Series:
3rd book in Abram's Daughters series
Genre: Inspirational fiction, Amish
Format: Trade Size Paperback
Pages: 347

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
4

Date Started:
June 14, 2009
Date Finished: June 25, 2009


My Comments:
These books just suck me into the Amish world and peaceful ways.. Bevery Lewis does such a "wonderful-gut" job telling the stories and sending us powerful messages about life, love and the bonds of family..

I also find the stories a little heavy and even very sad at times.. but it just makes me want to read more about their lives even more... However I need a bit of a break from the heavy and will read some light fluffy books before diving back into this Amish life again.. ;)


Description from the publisher:



Leah Ebersol has no choice but to believe the worst: Her older sister, Sadie--and Leah's own beloved Jonas--have betrayed her. Now, two years later, Leah still misses them both, though loyal neighbor Gid continues to bide his time. But when tragedy befalls the Ebersols, Leah must make a difficult choice

No comments:

Post a Comment