Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Book Number in 2008: 15
Book From: Owned, gave to my cousin
Date Started: 4/18/08
Date Finished: 4/22/08
My Rating: 4

Author: Linda Howard
Title: Cover of Night
Series: Stand Alone Novel
Genre: Romantic Suspence
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 428


My Comments:
This book had everything! Suspense, Romance, action, laughs and tears! The only part that I didn't care for was that the sex scenes (though only 2) were a bit too graphic for my tastes.

This was another buddy read with my friend Kym.. We both loved the little 4 year old twins Conner and Tanner and I sure wish we got to read more about them.. They had me in fits of giggles. :)

Linda Howard did extremely well telling all sides of every story! The good, the bad, women, men and of course the children. :)

I'm really looking forward to reading more from her soon.



Description from the publisher:
In a picturesque small town, young widow and mother, Cate Nightingale owns and operates a struggling guest house. Occasionally, she enlists the aid of a mysterious, strong, and enigmatic handyman, Calvin Harris. When a trio of brutal thugs invade her inn, demanding the possessions of a guest who vanished days before, Cal proves much bolder than Cate would have ever expected. Though Calvin manages to disperse the intruders, the men regroup and shut down phone access to the entire village, holding its citizens hostage. In a desperate bid for survival, Cate and Cal strike out on their own, seeking help from a neighbouring town. As their daring journey unfolds, Cate is astonished to witness Cal's evolution from reticent carpenter to fearless protector. Is there more to her mysterious handyman than meet the eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment