Monday, April 14, 2008

Book Number in 2008: 13
Book From: Library
Date Started: 4/10/08
Date Finished: 4/14/08
My Rating: 4

Author: Donna Alward
Title: The Soldier's Homecoming
Series: Stand Alone Novel
Genre: Romance
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 249


My Comments:
Would have gotten a 4.5 had there been less typos.. That really distracts me. :( Not that I'm perfect, far from it in fact!!! I'm just picky about my reading I guess lol

But that aside, what an adorable romance!! It's the kind of story you know the ending to before you start reading... But sometimes that can be a real comfort, and reading about how they get to their happily-ever-after can be very entertaining. :)

I really needed a book like this after a really bad week.. and I plan to start a new comfort story tonight. :)


Memorable Quotes:
I loved you then. I love you more now. Even more today that I did last week. And I want to spend the rest of my life proving it.


Description from the publisher:
A hero for his country--home to win her heart!

Jonas Kirkpatrick left town to be a soldier without ever looking back. But Shannyn saw him every day in her little girl's green eyes.…

Six years later, Jonas has come home, changed utterly from the carefree boy Shannyn once knew. Hardened by war, Jonas can't allow himself to open his heart.

Until he discovers what he left behind--the unbreakable bond with a child he never knew existed, and the enduring love of the only woman who can make him whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment