Friday, November 30, 2007

Book Number in 2007: 35
Date Started: 11/9
Date Finished: 11/30
My Rating: 4/5

Author: Claire Cook
Title: Life's a Beach
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: Chick Lit
Format: eBook
Pages: 250

Book From: Library OverDrive program
Why I Read it: Enjoyed a book by her a couple of years ago and this one seemed light and cute.



My Comments:
I love reading books that are set in Massachusetts, and this one was a really great one!
This book actually took place mostly at Cape Cod where they were filming a shark movie on the beach. fun fun!

I also enjoyed all the talk about crafts such as glass blowing and jewelry made with sea glass. I love making jewelry and this book really made me want to start that up again. Never thought of using sea glass.. but sea glass is something that has always intrigued me.

The characters were all so real they felt like people you could actually know. As a matter of fact, Ginger's father reminded me of my grandfather so much and he had me laughing my butt off with every conversation she had with him. I also loved the interaction with Ginger and her nephew Riley, it reminded me of myself with my nephew and I hope that him and I will have as much fun together when he's older as these 2 did. :)




Description from the publisher:
Life's a bit of a beach these days for Ginger Walsh, who's single at forty-one and living back home in the family FROG (Finished Room Over Garage). She's hoping for a more fulfilling life as a sea glass artist, but instead is babysitting her sister's kids and sharing overnights with Noah, her sexy artist boyfriend with commitment issues and a dog Ginger's cat isn't too crazy about. Geri, her BlackBerry-obsessed sister, is also nearly over the deep end about her pending fiftieth birthday (and might just drag Ginger with her). Toss in a dumpster-picking father, a Kama Sutra T-shirt-wearing mother, a movie crew come to town with a very cute gaffer, an on-again-off-again glassblower boyfriend, plus a couple of Red Hat realtors, and hilarity ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment