Thursday, December 06, 2007

Book Number in 2007: 36
Date Started: 11/28
Date Finished: 12/06
My Rating: 4

Author: Janet Tronstad
Title: The Sisterhood of the Dropped Stitches
Series: book 1
Genre: Inspirational
Format: Mass Market Paperback (large print)
Pages: 299

Book From: book I own
Why I Read it: Read with a friend



My Comments:
I really enjoyed the characters in this book.. I'm looking forward to reading the next few in the series.
These 4 young girls met as teens with cancer and formed a knitting/bonding group that meet once a week. So each girl will get to tell her story in a different book.
It's the kind of book that really makes you think about yourself and about life in general.. My friend and I are reading the next book in the series now and then we'll be reading something light and happy. :)




Description from the publisher:
My three friends and I met as teens living with cancer and started The Sisterhood of the Dropped Stitches knitting group. Five cancer-free years later, we were still meeting weekly. To celebrate, we each set a goal for the year. Lizbett dreamed of being a dancer, Becca needed an internship, Carly wanted her first pet and I, Marilee Davidson, challenged myself to go on three dates.

That was easier said than done. I hadn't let any man get close to me since my diagnosis. But with the help of my friends, I put myself out there...and learned that sometimes love can be found in the most unexpected of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment