Saturday, September 22, 2007

Book Number in 2007: 26
Date Finished: 9/22
My Rating: 2 out of a 5 star rating

Author: Kaye Morgan
Title: Death by Sudoku
Series Number: 1
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 199 (for actual story.. sudoku tips at end of book)

Book From: Library
Why I Read it: I really like Sudoku puzzles



My Comments:
I know this is going to sound negative, but I didn't hate this book by no means...
I actually really enjoyed reading about the Sudoku puzzles and tournaments and even enjoyed the mystery.
I just felt it wasn't as friendly as most "cozies" normally are, and the writing style just didn't flow right for me. I found myself re-reading certain parts because it either lost my interest or it didn't make sense the way I read the words.


Description from the publisher:
Maiden's Bay is a small, scenic town on the Oregon Coast where citizens get their number fix thanks to Liza Kelly-Sudoku Maven with the Oregon Daily. Her challenging puzzles sharpen the mind, and her deductive skills unravel even the most enigmatic clues.Liza enters a Sudoku tournament in which her old friend and competitor turns up dead. Now, she must think outside the boxes to find a murderer.

No comments:

Post a Comment