Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Book Number in 2007: 27
Date Finished: 10/09
My Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Author: Madeleine Wickham
Title: Cocktails for Three
Series Number: stand alone
Genre: Chick lit
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 301

Book From: Library
Why I Read it: Read with my friends Kym & Jackie



My Comments:
It had a very slow start (and middle!). .. But the pace did pick up the last quarter of the book.
The characters were not exactly as friendly as I had pictured for this story and I think that might have been what disappointed me most.
I also found myself left with a few unanswered questions in the end and wonder if maybe this book was intended to be the start of a series or maybe will have a sequel.


Description from the publisher:
Three women, smart and successful, working in the fast and furious world of magazines, meet for cocktails and gossip once a month.

Roxanne: glamorous, self-confident, with a secret lover – and hoping that one day he will leave his wife and marry her.

Maggie: capable and high-achieving, until she finds the one thing she can't cope with – motherhood.

Candice: honest, decent, or so she believes – until a ghost from her past turns up, and almost ruins her life.

A chance encounter in the cocktail bar sets in train an extraordinary set of events which upsets all their lives and almost destroys their friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment