Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Book #8 in 2005
Finished: 5/25
Title: Dying For Chocolate
Author: Diane Mott Davidson
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 320
My Rating: 4/5


A culinary mystery -
Found this book to be a little predictable and slow moving in some chapters, but otherwise a great story since the good chapters of the book were SO good that I can't wait to read the next one. A lot of great sounding recipes in here also!

The story takes place in Colorado, where Goldy Bear, a single mother with an abusive ex husband runs a catering business. Her ex (or as she calls him "The Jerk") is threatening her so to keep herself and son safe she gets a new alarm system installed for her house. While this is being done she stays in the mansion of a friends relative for the summer as their live-in cook.

The mystery begins when she suspects that her new boyfriend Philip Miller was murdered and while cooking for events and taking care of her son Arch she tries to solve the murder! Her old boy friend Tom is a police officer that helps her out at the scene of the crime and slowly starts fitting his way back into her life while helping her figure out what happen to Phillip and why.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, though I've never heard of a "culinary mystery" before. I might give this one a shot if I ever finish the one I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually considered a Cozy Mystery.... but those Cozies have a lot of categories since all the main characters have a strong connection to their line of work along with solving the mystery. The ones that are considered culinary usually add the recipes right in the story. Some of the other categories are crafts, pets, hotel management, single moms, libraries and many more .... a pretty wide variety :)

    Thanks for leaving a post, you've reminded me that I've finished 2 books since my last post! I'll have to do that tomorrow

    ReplyDelete