Monday, May 16, 2005

Book #7 in 2005
Finished: 5/16
Title: The Cat Who Could Read Backwards
Author: Lillian Jackson Braun
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 250
My Rating: 3/5


This is the 2nd time I've attempted this book... the first time I got sidetracked with something else and since it was a library book I just brought it back since I found it to be a little on the slow side...

But I heard so many good things about this series I decided to try it again and it ended up to be a pretty good story, but I still found it it to be a little drawn out in parts...


Jim Qwilleran, a reporter who's been out of work for awhile gets a job as the 2nd art critic for The Daily Fluxion.

George Bonifield Mountclemens, the main art critic, writes mostly hurtful reviews of local artists. He is also a secretive man and only sends in his columns by messenger.

Jim rents an apartment from Mountclemens at a low price fitting to his budget never thinking he'd end up doing errands and cat-sitting! But Jim soon befriends the Siamese cat named KoKo (short for K'ao Ko Kung)


When one of the artists turns up dead, Jim with the help of KoKo slowly begins putting together the pieces of the murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment