Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 41

Author:
Nora Roberts
Title: Vision in White

Series:
1st in The Bride Quartet
Genre: Romance
Format: Trade Size Paperback
Pages: 325

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
4

Date Started:
May 26, 2009
Date Finished: July 22, 2009


My Comments:
I haven't read too many of Nora Roberts books yet, but what I have read I loved!  This one was a little different from teh style of the previous books I read by her.. I found this one to be more along the lines of a Chick Lit style.. only a little deeper than most Chick Lit..

I loved Carter and Mac and their story was so sweet :)  And I can not wait to read the stories of Emma, Parker and Laurel soon!

I really enjoyed the friendship between the four women and admired their dedication to their company. I also enjoyed reading about the details and what goes into planning a wedding.. looking forward to more of that as well.  Mac is the photographer ... which was really interesting to see things from her point of view.

The situation between Mac and her mother was a little unnerving.. but added a lot to the story and explained why Mac had the feelings she does about love and commitment.  Her mother really reminded me of my sister.. someone who is extremely selfish and never even t hings to acknowledge the feelings or needs of another person.. someone who lives in the moment and only cares about getting whatever it is she wanted in that space in time..


Description from the publisher:


Wedding photographer Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother...an encounter that has them both seeing stars.

A stable, safe English teacher, Carter Maguire is definitely not Mac's type. But a casual fling might be just what she needs to take her mind off bridezillas. Of course, casual flings can turn into something more when you least expect it. And Mac will have to turn to her three best friends-and business partners-to see her way to her own happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment