Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 40

Author:
William P. Young
Title: The Shack

Series:
Stand Alone
Genre: Religious Fiction
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 253

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
4.5

Date Started:
July 14, 2009
Date Finished: July 16, 2009


My Comments:
This is the sort of book when you finish it you are still not completely sure how you feel about it.. I'm not even sure I've grasped it all yet!

I do know that someday I will read this book again..

I was totally gripped and mesmerized by the story.. First by Missy's story and then with Mack's meeting with God, Jesus and Sarayu.


I found myself re-reading parts of the story 2 or 3 times even.. Just to be sure I fully understood what I had read..


Description from the publisher:


Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his "Great Sadness," Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever

No comments:

Post a Comment