Thursday, July 09, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 37

Author:
Livia J. Washburn
Title: Murder by the Slice

Series:
2nd in A Fresh-Baked Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 246

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
4

Date Started:
July 6, 2009
Date Finished: July 9, 2009


My Comments:
I really enjoy these characters and even reading the first 2 books back to back I didn't find myself getting bored or annoyed with them like I usually do if I read series books too close together..

The mystery in this one was great! Kept me guessing right to the end... I was on the right track from the start, but still had twists to make me go "hmmm"  :)


I can't wait to try the recipe for the healthy snack contest in this story... Peanut butter and Banana cookies.. I even go the ingredients yesterday and plan to make them this weekend.


*UPDATE: I made the cookies and they were very tasty.. but were chewy/soft cookies and I don't always like cookies like that.. but these were very yummy indeed :)




Description from the publisher:



At this year's school carnival fund-raiser, the obnoxious president of the Parent Teacher Organization is found stabbed through the heart with Phyllis Newsom's own knife, with traces of incriminating frosting. Clearing her name will be no piece of cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment