Sunday, July 05, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 36

Author:
Livia J. Washburn
Title: A Peach of a Murder

Series:
1st in A Fresh-Baked Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 247

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
4

Date Started:
July 2, 2009
Date Finished: July 5, 2009


My Comments:
Cute mystery! ... Loved the cooking contest parts.. The mystery was a little predictable, however I was a little unsure, so it did keep me guessing even though I suspected the "whodunit" from the start..


I feel like I was reading a book about the Golden Girls and wonder if anyone else saw that in the story.. I loved Golden Girls so it made the story more interesting for me.


I loved this first book so much that I am starting the next book right away!


Description from the publisher:



All year round, retired schoolteacher Phyllis Newsom is as sweet as peach pie-except during the Peach Festival, whose blue ribbon has slipped through Phyllis's fingers more than once... Everyone's a little shook up when the corpse of a no-good local turns up underneath a car in a local garage. But even as Phyllis engages in some amateur sleuthing, she won't let it distract her from out-baking her rivals and winning the upcoming Peach Festival contest.

She and all the other contestants guard their secret, original recipes with their lives-and talk a whole lot of trash. With her unusual Spicy Peach Cobbler, Phyllis hopes to knock 'em dead. But that's just an expression-never in her wildest dreams did she think her cobbler would actually kill a judge. Now, she's suspected of murder-and she's got to bake this case wide open

No comments:

Post a Comment