Thursday, March 26, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 15

Author:
Jeffrey Cohen
Title: Some Like it Hot-Buttered

Series:
1st in a Double Feature Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 285

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
2

Date Started:
March 23, 2009
Date Finished: March 26, 2009


My Comments:
I'm not sure what to say.. Did I enjoy the story?  yes, i did.. Did I enjoy the style in which it was written?  I'm sorry to say that I did not.  Although I will admit that I laughed out loud quite a few times, but for most of it I found the humor to be annoying and the writing seemed better suited to something that would be watched rather than read.

That being said, I do believe that at some point (Not any time soon) I will be curious enough to try more of the series..



Description from the publisher:


All Elliot Freed wanted to do was to make people die laughing. But he didn't mean it literally.

The dead guy in Row S, Seat 18, is no joke. Elliot Freed, recovering writer, socked all his savings-and the alimony from his ex-wife-into the Comedy Tonight movie theater, never suspecting it would become a murder scene. And murder can't be good for ticket sales...

Death by popcorn was the cause. Poisoned popcorn. To the chagrin of the police, Elliot takes to his bike to start his own investigation. A growing attraction to a beautiful detective, the discovery of a DVD pirating operation, and one missing employee later, Elliot's still waiting for the punch line. But this one might knock his theater-and Elliot-out for good..

No comments:

Post a Comment