Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Book Number in 2009: 6

Author:
Barbara Bretton
Title: Casting Spells

Series:
1st in Sugar Maple
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery
Format: Trade size paperback
Pages: 308

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
1.5

Date Started:
Feb 1, 2009
Date Finished: Feb 10, 2009


My Comments:


I thought the idea of this book was really great... Magic, romance, and knitting.. But I found it to be "information overload"... Just way too much going on at once.

We never really got to know the characters as deep as I would have liked because of it.

From what I can tell, this was the first in a new series.. Maybe this book was just setting things up for that.  I may give it one more try if that's the case. :)  I really wanted to like it..


Description from the publisher:


Sugar Maple looks like any Vermont town, but it's inhabited with warlocks, sprites, vampires, witches and an ancient secret. And Chloe Hobbs, owner of Sticks & String, a popular knitting shop, has a big secret too. She's a sorcerer's daughter in search of Mr. Right and she's found him in Luke MacKenzie, a cop investigating Sugar Maple's very first murder. Bad news is he's 100% human, which could spell disaster for a normal future with a paranormal woman like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment