Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Book Number in 2008: 51
Book From:
Library
Date Started:
11/10/08
Date Finished:
11/18/08
My Rating: 4.5

Author:
Stephenie Meyer
Title: New Moon
Series:
Twilight Saga, book 2
Genre:
Young Adult Paranormal
Format:
Trade Size Paperback
Pages:
563


My Comments:

I was not as over-the-top-thrilled with this second book as I was with the first. But I still really loved it.. If that makes sense? ;)

I've never been so emotional over a book that I cried so hard even after I put it down! What a powerful beginning.. And I felt Bella's pain all through the story.

I'm a little unhappy about some of the outcome.. But thrilled about the main outcome! :)

For a young adult book I'm finding this story to be pretty heavy on my emotions,
so I think I need a little bit longer of a break between them this time... However on the other hand, I'm still really looking forward to reading the next book!



Memorable Quotes:

"Before you, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."


Description from the publisher:
Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Have you seen the Twilight Movie yet? I went to see it this weekend...amazing! Just thought I would drop by to say hi :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete