Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Book Number in 2007: 22
Date Finished: 8/14
My Rating: 3 and a half stars out of 5

Author: Laura Levine
Title: Killer Blonde
Series Number: 3
Genre: Chick Lit "Cozy" Mystery
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 234

Book From: Library
Why I Read it: Need to finish the series before reading Candy Cane Murder



My Comments:
Suspected who the murderer was from the very start because it seems her formula is the similar in each book (look for the one you least expect! lol)
I really loved the connection that was made with Heidi (the teenage stepdaughter of the victim) I'm guessing we won't hear from her again, but I wish we would!
I did miss Kandi (her best friend) in this book, she didn't seem to have much of a part in this one..

I was still a little annoyed with the writing style... 1 example: adding "ads" in each story about the previous books. Another example would be the over told jokes and comments about her cat (that I find a bit rude or offensive rather then funny).
But it's probably just me, I haven't been in the best of moods lately and I guess the humor is just not coming across as intended.. However, don't get me wrong.. there are many parts in all her books that DO get me laughing out loud! :)



Description from Publishers Weekly:
In Laura Levine's Killer Blonde: A Jaine Austen Mystery, her third cozy to feature sassy freelance writer and sometime sleuth Jaine Austen (after 2003's Last Writes), Jaine agrees to ghostwrite a book of hostess tips for SueEllen Kingsley, a Beverly Hills socialite. When the abusive, self-centered SueEllen gets electrocuted in her bathtub, Jaine must do what she can to exonerate the chief suspect in the murder, the victim's endearing, chubby teenage stepdaughter. The identity of the real killer comes as an abrupt if smart surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment