Sunday, March 11, 2007

Book Number in 2007: 6
Date Finished: 03-11
My Rating: 2/5

Author: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Title: How Nancy Drew Saved My Life
Series Number: stand alone
Genre: Chick Lit
Format: Trade Size Paperback
Pages: 295

Book From: Library
Why I Read it: Read with a friend



My Comments:
This should sum it up - I'm not sure how I even finished this book!
I had high hopes for the story and I think that might have had something to do with my disappointment.. But if I had to read the character say "What Would Nancy Drew Do?" one more time I think I may have thrown the book out the window! It had some cute parts, but I'm not sure if they were worth reading the whole book.



Description from Amazon/Booklist:
At 23, Charlotte Bell has just had her heart broken by the married man she unwisely fell in love with. She decides to take another position, as nanny for the American ambassador in Iceland. Once she takes up residence in the large, creaky house and meets her imperious, forbidding employer, Edgar Rawlings, she can't help but feel like literature's most famous governess, Jane Eyre. But Charlotte turns to Nancy Drew (channeling the girl detective) for help investigating the more puzzling aspects of her situation, such as the silence surrounding Edgar's mysteriously absent wife and the strange laughter she hears coming from behind a closed door. To make matters worse, Charlotte is starting to fall for Edgar, whose engagement to an Icelandic ice queen seems imminent.

No comments:

Post a Comment