Friday, September 08, 2006

Book #27 in 2006
Finished: 09/08
Title: A is for Alibi
Author: Sue Grafton
Genre: Mystery
Format: paperback
Pages: 224
My Rating: 3/5



Description from the publisher:
Laurence Fife was a slick divorce lawyer and slippery ladies' man. Until someone killed him. The jury believed that it was his pretty young wife Nikki, so they sent her to prison for eight years. Now, Nikki's out on parole and Kinsey Miihone's in for trouble. Nikki hires Kinsey to discover who really killed her husband. But the trail is eight years cold, and at the end is a chilling twist even Kinsey doesn't suspect -- a second eight-year-old murder and a brand new corpse.

My Comments:
I gave this book a 3 rating for a couple of reasons... And the 3 is being generous but here goes:
first I guessed who dunnit pretty much from the get go.. this wouldn't have bother me too much except for my other reasons for disliking the book:
her dislike for animals (dogs in particular) and her comments on being overweight. These things just seemed extremely rude to me, or maybe I'm being overly sensitive.
However, I did really enjoy the mystery and style of writing besides those points.. I haven't abandoned the series totally.. I know a lot of people have gave it good reviews :)

No comments:

Post a Comment