Sunday, November 20, 2005

Book #34 in 2005
Finished: 11/20
Title: Stuck On You
Author: Patti Berg
Genre: Romance/Mystery
Format: Mass Market
Pages: 374
My Rating: 3/5

Scarlett Catherine Mary O'Malley lives in in Plentiful, Wyoming and owns a mystery book shop called A Study in Scarlett. Ever since she was a little girl she's been obsessed with being like Nancy Drew which is why she sticks her nose in everyone's business and gets herself in all kinds of trouble trying to solve cases that mostly her over-active imagination (plus the help of her book club buddies known as "The Sleuths") have only made up in the first place!

After Logan Wolfe (former police detective from Las Vegas) comes to town a mysterious woman dies in the book shop while trying to tell Scarlett something.. Then the wealthiest women in town disappears and no one knows where she could have gone.
So at this point Scarlett and the sleuths have got Logan as a thief, a womanizer and a murderer within days.. the only problem with this theory is Scarlett's developing feelings (and lust) for Logan.

This book held my interest that's for sure! However I thought some of the sexual encounters could have been left out ... just a little too much sex and way too much detail for me (once upon a time this wouldn't have bothered me, but for some reason my tastes have changed and I prefer not to read that much detail in a book). Most romance books only have 1 detailed sex description and the rest would be in passing. Maybe I'm just in a mood? lol

The next book by Patti Berg is also set in Plentiful, Wyoming and is called "AND THEN HE KISSED ME"
I'll probably give that book a try also since this book was really well written and kept me drawn into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment