Monday, August 09, 2004

Here are some books I have read in the last 2 years and enjoyed:

Gathering Lies by Meg O'brien

Now of Never by Elizabeth Adler

A Painted House by John Grisham

Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

White Mountain by Dinah McCall

And then you Die by Iris Johansen

The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

Rebeccas Tale by Sally Beauman

The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry

Dark Waters by Sharon Sala

Bird Song by Sebastion Faulks

The Song Catcher by Sharon McCrumbs

A Dance Through Time by Lynn Kurland

Christine by Stephen King



Here are some I read, but would not recommend:

Don't Say a Word by Andrew Klavan

Superstition by David Ambrose

House of Woman by Lynn Freed

Ghost Killer by Scott Chandler

4 comments:

  1. I've had A Painted House sitting on my bookshelf for way over a year...guess I should give it a shot.

    When I saw Superstition on your Not Recommended list, I thought I'd already read it, but I was thinking of Superstitious by R.L. Stine...one of his few adult books....also not all that great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Painted House was very good.. but you have to have patience with it. It had a lot of drawn out parts, but the overall story was very very good :)

    Superstition was actually an Occult book... it had the Ouji board on the cover which is a bad sign for anyone who is superstiuos at all. When I was reading this book I had a very bad experience, probably one of the worst of my life. I had the book with me this day and the guy I was dating at the time ended up being arrested for getting drunk and attacking me with an axe!
    From that point on I really truly believe that the ouji board and all of its superstition should be avoided. Guess it may of been a little silly of me to think that way, but that day still haunts me and most likely forever will.
    And anyway the book itself was not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....Yeah, I'd say that's enough to truly scare you away from stuff like that....an axe...that's serious. I guess that did it for that relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also read House of Women and wouldn't recommend it, I got it on sale at Barne's and Noble online and I didn't hate it but I couldn't see recommending it to anyone saying "I know you'll like this".

    Nicole - also in MA (Waltham)

    ReplyDelete