Saturday, May 29, 2010

Book Number in 2010: 45

Author:
L.J. Smith
Title: The Chosen

Series:
4th in Night World
Genre: Paranormal, Young Adult
Format: Trade Size Paperback
Pages: 212

Book From:
Library
My Rating:
3.5

Date Started:
May 28, 2010
Date Finished: May 29, 2010


My Comments:
I didn't feel as gripped into this story as I was with some of the previous stories in this series.. It felt a little forced to me.

Rashel loses her mom and friend Timmy to a vampire when she was just 5 years old.  She grew up with the need to get revenge and became a vampire hunter. 

The ties in the story were just to easy to guess as well.. Made it less enjoyable. I won't say what I mean because I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.. I just it found it too obvious and easy to see where the story was going..



Description from the publisher:


Vampire Slayer She stalks the lonely back alleys of Boston, the deserted industrial docks of the harbor, seeking revenge on the vampires who killed her mother. Rashel Jordon knows where they live. But they don't yet know that the black-haired, green-eyed girl is as deadly as she is beautiful, killing the Night People one by one. Armed with a wooden stake, martial arts, and the will to resist a vampire's mind control, she is safe as long as her true identity remains a secret. But when she rescues Daphne Childs from certain death, she's suddenly swept into the Night World Slave Trade, gateway to the vampires' secret enclave. Here Quinn is the gatekeeper... dark, dangerous, irresistible. He decides who is chosen. He holds the keys to the realm Rashel is desperate to enter. She looks into his eyes, stunned, to see her soulmate-- a vampire whose entire she has vowed to destroy..

No comments:

Post a Comment