Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Book Number in 2008: 37
Book From: Library
Date Started: 8/21/08
Date Finished: 8/27/08
My Rating: 3.5

Author: Jonnie Jacobs
Title: Murder Among Neighbors
Series: 1st in Kate Austen series
Genre: Mystery
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 299


My Comments:
This was yet another buddy read with my friend Kym. :)
I'm already looking forward to reading more of this series.

The ending was a real shocker, which is unusual in most "cozies".. though this book had a few un-cozy parts, it did appear to be one for the most part.

Normally a shocker ending is a good thing... But this time I'm left with an unsatisfied feeling.. I wasn't really happy with the outcome and probably would have given it a better rating had it been different since I felt the story was very well written and loved the characters. :) And I'm very curious to find out where the characters personal stories go from here.



Description from the publisher:
Abandoned by her husband, Kate Austen has all she can handle carpooling her five-year-old daughter to pre-school, baking for good causes, keeping her lawn mowed and devising survival tactics. It looks like everyone else in her affluent suburban neighborhood has it ultra-easy--until her fabulously wealthy next-door neighbor is found murdered.

No comments:

Post a Comment