Sunday, July 09, 2006

Book #21 in 2006
Finished: 7/09
Title: Ghost Walk
Author: Heather Graham
Genre: Romantic Suspence (Paranormal)
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 398
My Rating: 4/5



Description from the publisher:
This is no dream . . .

Nikki DuMonde's newest employee is standing at the end of her bed at four o'clock in the morning begging for help. It's a joke, right? Besides, as manager of a successful New Orleans haunted-tour company, Nikki doesn't scare easily. But in the light of day, harsh reality sets in as a police officer informs her that Andy was brutally murdered -- at the exact time Nikki swears the distraught woman was in her room.

No one believes her except Brent Blackhawk, a paranormal investigator desperately trying to forget his tragic past. Half Irish, half Lakota -- and able to communicate with the dead -- Brent is used to living in two worlds. But when he realizes the ghost of a slain government agent is also trying to reach out to Nikki, he knows that she, too, must listen to the dead . . . if she wants to keep living.



My Comments:
This was my first book by this author and I was very pleased!! The only thing that stopped me from giving it 5 stars was that I felt parts were dragged on a little bit too long. But other then that this book was really amazing!

I loved the history and descriptions that went into the story. It had me searching online for a Native American Legend of the White Buffalo Woman. And of course reading about how New Orleans was before Hurrican Katrina gave me more of a sense of loss for everyone who had to suffer through such a horrible time.

But on a good note, I loved the twists and turns in the mystery and will be looking forward to reading more from Heather Graham (also known as Shannon Drake) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment