Sunday, June 18, 2006

Book #18 in 2006
Finished: 6/18
Title: Knit One, Kill Two
Author: Maggie Sefton
Genre: Cozy Mystery (Needlework)
Format: paperback
Pages: 288
My Rating: 4/5
(first in series)


Description from the publisher:
Kelly Flynn never picked up a pair of knitting needles she liked--until she strolled into House of Lambspun.
Now, in the first in a brand-new series, she learns how to knit one, purl two, and untangle the mystery behind her aunt's murder.


My Comments:
I really enjoyed this book, loved the way the yarns in the store and what Kelly was knitting was described. It was all so real that it has made me want to go out and get some yarn and learn to knit too!
The story was good, but in my opinion there were too many characters. Maybe once we get into the next book in the series we will see more development with those characters and see what happens with the relationship of Kelly and Steve. I'm assuming that Kelly stays in the town, and I wonder what will happen with the Shop. Looking forward to the next mystery :)

2 comments:

  1. I have that book in my piles. Interesting to think of too many characters. First book in series overload? I met Maggie Sefton at malice and she was a hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well by mid story we got to know most of the characters well enough, but in the beginning it was hard to keep track of who was who. There was just a lot of characters that had to do with the shop and they were helping Kelly solve her Aunts murder. But they were all very enjoyable and it was a really great story :)

    ReplyDelete