Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Book #30 in 2005
Finished: 10/11
Title: Confessions of a Shopaholic
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Genre: Chick Lit
Format: Mass Market
Pages: 350
My Rating: 2/5

I don't know why there was such hype about this series! I didn't hate the book, and the writing was very well.. But I just found the character so annoying!!

There wasn't enough character interaction for me... not much personal relationships. It was all about Becky spending money on clothes and non-sense things she didn't really need and then thinking about spending more money on things she didn't really need. The more she owed the more she spent and then the more she thought up ways to buy new things and avoid the credit card companies.

I did enjoy the ending... she finally found some sort of purpose, she realized she knew a lot more about finances then she thought she did and the book ended with a relationship just begining, which also annoys me because I would have liked to read about where it might go. And I really don't intend to read more of the series to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment